- Cloud computing reduces overall costs as it is used without the need for physical infrastructure. The internet is used to store and manage data which also cuts down on maintenance costs. This is a significant driver of the global healthcare cloud computing market.
- The IT revolution and widespread growth of and demand for cloud computing has affected the healthcare sector in a highly positive manner. The large amounts of data generated in healthcare has encouraged the adoption of cloud computing. The generation of large volumes of data has increased further with high adoption of scalability and flexibility are some of the growth driving factors in the global healthcare cloud computing market. Major healthcare cloud computing players are actively involved in the development of new and improved services which will continue to optimise operations in large and complex industries such as healthcare. Security risks and the concern regarding sensitive data being made available on the cloud is expected to restrain market growth. Cloud breaches with regards to data and inefficient backup activities undertaken by healthcare organisations are likely to pose challenges to market growth, which may be addressed to some extent in the coming years.
- The global healthcare computing market is projected to burgeon exponentially and the volume of digital data managed by healthcare centers will multiply owing to an increasing patient pool. The technological advancements and increasing healthcare expenditure have further catalysed the growth of the volume of information to be saved and managed. This, in turn, has intensified the need for the deployment of cloud computing and cutting-edge analytical tools for enhanced operational efficiency. The increasing adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated the integration of cloud computing in the healthcare sector. Cloud computing enables healthcare organisations to achieve economies of scale, minimise IT infrastructure costs, and increase scalability which is likely to expedite the revenue creation for the key vendors. The market resonates strong growth opportunities at present and is expected to remain highly lucrative in the foreseeable future. The competitive landscape represents intense competition and is favorable for the entry of new vendors. The security of the confidential data is an area of concern for the market participants. Technological innovations are offered regularly for upgrading security and protection of the data. The trend is likely to perpetuate and augment the market in the forthcoming years.
- Non-clinical information system (NCIS)
- Clinical information system (CIS)
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid cloud
- Healthcare providers
- Healthcare players
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS)
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS)
Cloud computing offers several important benefits which have significantly impacted the general market for cloud-based technologies. The various features of the cloud deployment of IT software increase the collection of data in real-time and significantly improves data retrieval among other things. There exist various factors within the global healthcare cloud computing market that influence growth and document processing will be an ongoing task in healthcare facilities — the speed and efficiency that cloud computing offers has increased the adoption of the same.